Monday, June 20, 2011

Lessons Learned

  This essay was about the writer going through different roommates and different struggles while living with those roommates. The first roommate was never at home and the writer was having a hard time with being alone all of the time, so she went and bought a parakeet from Petco for company. After doing this, the roommate called her parents and the parents then told her she had to get rid of the bird. Once they told her this, she moved in with a girl from her church. This girl was good for a little while, but eventually her mental issues became a problem. Hannah eventually had to move in with her preacher and his wife who loved her bird just as much as she did. Now, she lives with a girl who has no problem with the bird, and probably loves it just as much as Hannah does. She learned to make things happen on her own from this experience.
  I thought the story was very realistic because who hasn't had roommate problems. I think that is something everyone experiences in college. It is difficult to find people to live with that you can get along with, or at least live comfortably with, because everyone is so different. Plus, you don't really know someone until you live with them, so sometimes you think something will work out when really it could turn out horribly.
  I think the one thing I wanted more was to experience the roommate problems with the writer a little more. I know that the first roommate was out all of the time, but what was the relationship like when she was at home.    For the second roommate, I know the writer tells us she has problems, but what problems specifically? Why was it so bad that you had to lock yourself in your room? I feel like this could be shown through more scenes with the roommates.

No comments:

Post a Comment