Thursday, June 9, 2011

All Smiles

  I felt like this story was about a guy who gets mixed up with some bad people and eventually realizes what he has done is a mistake. The guys he got in with though, seemed very trustworthy to Alec though so even though he has a bad feeling about getting in with these guys, he still does it because he feels like he can trust them.
  I liked the idea of the story for this one as well. It was sort of a suspense and that is generally the kind of story I like to read. I also felt that there was a nice use of dialogue and even though we were supposed to avoid stuttering and all of that, I feel like it works for this piece because of how scared Alec is. I also like how through the entire story it keeps going back to the fact that these mean were smiling constantly, and that their smiles were so trustworthy.
  The main thing I would do to this story would be to change the ending a little bit. I feel like it is this long story about this guy getting into this mess with some other guys and then it just ends all of the sudden. I also felt that the end wasn't very clear because throughout the story the guys seem so trustworthy and then you find out that they really aren't at all. I would have liked to of seen a little more foreshadowing throughout the story. I would also like for the end to be more evil. The last thing is that I see how the character changes because he's not alive anymore and he realizes he shouldn't have done what he did, but did the writer intend for there to be any other mental changes, or just the physical change?

No comments:

Post a Comment