Monday, June 20, 2011

Beth Alexander

  I enjoyed this story very much. Basically it was all about the writer's stories and small parts of her and her grandmother's relationship that helped shape her into the person she is now. It is about many of the lessons that she learned through watching and being with her grandmother, and I thought those stories were well written.
  I enjoyed this story so much because I thought the stories were well chosen and easy to relate to. I think most people can remember numerous stories about lessons they learned from their grandmother, or lessons they really didn't learn that their grandmother tried to teach them. For example, the lesson about getting a degree, that was both funny and I think we all have heard that speech numerous times as girls. Another story I really enjoyed was the one about arguments. I could picture the entire scene, and it absolutely cracked me up. The image of your grandmother waling over to this woman because she thought you stuck your tongue out at her, that is so funny. I also thought the section on brain farts was really funny too. I wish my grandmother/mother would have done that for me when I was in grade school.
  There were some stories that I felt were a little unclear, or left me wanting more. I wanted to know more about the grandmother's breast cancer and what happened with that. It was like a big part of the story, but it just sort of left me hanging. Also, the last part on zingers, I wanted to know more about that and why the grandmother would say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment