Monday, June 20, 2011

Large

  Even though this story was extremely sad, I thought it was a good one. It was about two friends growing up together. They played as kids, went to the same church, and went to the same school. As they got older they began to grow apart and do different things. One of the boys happened to be extremely large, and in the end we find that he had a heart attack and dies because of his weight. However, even though the writer and the boy who died had grown apart, they still learned a lot from each other.
  There were several parts of the story that I could imagine because I thought the description was very well done. I thought the part when the writer is describing what the two children were wearing in the picture was a good and clear image. I also thought the image of Troy's change was a good one. It starts with little changes, but as he continues to become more different, his appearance becomes more drastic as well. The part about the sleep apnea was a good one too. It made me laugh really hard because my dad has that really bad, and if we all stay in a hotel or something, nobody will sleep except for my dad because he is so loud.
  The thing I wanted was more about Troy. I wanted to know what all he got into besides pot. I also wanted to know if he knew he had a heart condition before he had his heart attack or if it was just completely out of nowhere. Another thing that could be done is to show Troy in more scenes because that would give us a better picture of him, as well as give us a better connection to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment