This story was about a man who is seemingly very disappointed with the life he has chosen. He is married to a woman he is no longer attracted to and also who he cannot seem to stand to be around. He constantly is thinking about a girl from college and thinking about memories he has with her. In the end he finds a hobby that he a one of his workers can share, and he gets high.
I absolutely loved this story. I felt like it was my favorite and it was so well written and realistic. It was also extremely humorous, especially the part about the husband peeing on the toilet just to piss off his wife, even though it is such a minuscule thing that he can do compared to other things. I also liked the image of his wife snoring and drooling in the bed and the fact that he was so disgusted with her. The relationship with his son was another very believable relationship because of the secrecy of it. It is the typical teen not wanting to share anything about his life with his parents. Overall, it was just very well written, very realistic, and very believable.
I wasn't entirely sure about the character's change in the end. Was is just the fact that he found a hobby to keep him busy so he wouldn't think about how unhappy he was with his life? Was that the entire point of the story, finding a hobby to keep occupied? Also, most of the parts that were scene were in the present tense. I would have liked to see a little more scene vs. summary with his old college lover to get a better sens of their relationship and why he thinks about her so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment