I thought this story was about a boy in high school who has this one teacher that he loves. The teacher is sort of a mentor and a prtector for his sudents. All of the children in the story seem to really like him because he isn't that irrational teacher that we all don't like, he is more of a friend. The main character tells us of how his father was killed and also that no one has been arrested for his father's murder. There are also two other men missing in the story. In the end the teacher does end up being a protector in a way.
I really liked the idea of this story. I thought it was very interesting and I feel it is something that could be turned into a book if the writer wanted to. I liked the nick names that the teacher gave the students as well, I feel like teachers have nicknames for students a lot of the time.
Some suggestions I had were maybe to develop Scott a little more. I felt like his character was a little bit contradictory because it talks about how quiet he is, yet he is the one do get into fights and it says at one point that he never backs down from a confrontation. So, I wasn't really sure how his fighter side fit into his quiet side because i feel like all the guys I know that are confrontational talk a lot of crap. I also feel like Mr. Bland's character could have been developed a little more. By the end of the story I still wasn't exactly sure who is was and I didn't know if the writer did that intentionally or not. Also, it wasn't very clear to me how the main character changed. I didn't really see a big change in him from the beginning to the end except for the fact that he finds out more about Mr. Bland.
No comments:
Post a Comment