The story was about a young girl named Margaret who gets adopted by a lady named Lucy. Lucy is skeptical of the world because of all of the bad experiences she has had through the two world wars, so she sets very strict rules for Margaret. At first, Margaret complies with Lucy’s harsh rules, but as she growls older she becomes lonely and desperate for human interaction. She knows that her mother has warned her against strangers, but one night there is a knock on the door and she opens it to find a boy named Marcus. For months the two sneak around Margaret’s mother while she is in her room, and one night he invites her to watch a play him and his friends are performing. After the play she watches an altercation between Marcus and another girl and she sees him slap the girl and then hit her on the head with a brick. After seeing this she realizes what her mother has been telling her about the world being full of wolves. She finally sees her mother’s point.
I really enjoyed reading this story, I thought it was an extremely interesting read and I really enjoyed the dialogue. The story kind of tricked me as well because I was expecting the little girl to make friends and realize that the world is not really full of wolves, however I was pleasantly surprised that the story didn’t end like that. I feel like a lot of the time stories are written with a happy ending and sometimes I really get tired of reading the same thing over and over. Also, I liked how we didn’t actually see anything after the character was set up to be changed. I thought the story was well thought out and well written, and I feel like you accomplished what I am having a lot of difficulty trying to accomplish, which is an interesting short story, without writing genre fiction.
I don’t have any huge problems with the story, the only thing I saw that it really needed was a title. I’m sure there are other errors, however I had a hard time spotting any because I got so into the story.
No comments:
Post a Comment