Monday, March 19, 2012

Response to Rhamah


            The story was about a girl who works at some sort of a rescue clinic for cats. She seems to really enjoy being around the cats even though she can’t stand the awful smell and she apparently thinks the other woman she works with is weird. She has a few favorite cats in particular, but she really comes across as if she cares about all of them. At one point in the story a family comes in to try and adopt a cat but they end up leaving because of all of the hair that cats shed, and the wife didn’t really seem to want to deal with the clean up. Also, the main character didn’t seem to think the family would really care for the cat in the end anyway. Later a boy comes in who is also looking for a cat. He has recently lost a cat and he wants to bring one back because his dog and little sister are really sad that the other cat died. She picks out one of her favorite cats for him in particular, but the cat ends up trying to hurt the boy when he sticks his fingers in the cage.  After that the story really ends. I was a little confused throughout the entire story because I wasn’t sure whom it was about. It seemed to be about the girl who worked at the shelter but in the end I don’t understand her change.
            I liked the descriptions of the smells and of the cats, I felt like I could see them and I felt as if I could imagine the shelter. However, I’m not exactly sure what the story is about. I’m not sure if maybe I’m missing some sort of underlying message or what but I was really confused at the end of it. It was unclear to me who the story was really about, because I felt like it was all about the cats instead of a person in particular.  However, if it is supposed to be about the girl who works at the shelter then I feel that we need more details about her and how the cats and the families who come in affect her.

No comments:

Post a Comment