I sit here on the roof,
the roof of my little house
smiling and looking up
at the deep blue sky.
I have done nothing yet,
nothing of extreme importance,
nothing to better myself,
yet I am happy.
Sitting on the tip of my
extremely little house,
I realize I am content.
I don't need a Pulitzer,
a Heisman, or anything else.
What am I doing right?
I am not so sure
about that one question.
I don't care though because
whatever it is I am doing,
I am happy with it.
My life has no great meaning,
no aim, no direction, no purpose.
As I sit here on the roof
of my little dog house
I ask myself,
does any one's life have to
have such a great meaning
in order for a person to be happy?
The answer in no,
no it does not.
I am happy playing
with my one true friend
and with lying on top of my house,
rather than being inside of it.
I am just me,
and that is all that really matters.
The idea of contentment is definitely clear here and I like that you've written this from Snoopy's perspective . . . I'd like to see you do more with precision in your images. "Deep blue sky" is a common image. You use the word "little" several times to refer to the dog house, but "little" is imprecise and doesn't help anyone better visualize an object. So see if you can revise your description of the sky or if you can convey the smallness of the house maybe using a metaphor or simile?
ReplyDelete